Imagine a vast private domain filled with indigenous trees, coves and sweet spots and a beach, on which stands a fully-serviced luxury holiday villa with pool. Away from the crowds but at proximity to excursions, supermarket and a Golf course… You just imagined villa Bahia on Montagu property, in Trou-d’Eau-Douce on the east coast of Mauritius.
The main villa and pavilion totalling 500 m² count 5 fully air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, 2 kitchens, living rooms opening on verandas, terraces, decks and the infinity pool offering a spectacular view. There are also indoor and outdoor dining facilities as well as a lounge bar with a view.
Three of the bathrooms have open-sky showers. The 2 kitchens in the villa consist of one open plan kitchen and one kitchen mainly used by the staff for spicier meals! Combined, they are fully-equipped with quality appliances including but not limited to Nespresso coffee-maker, juice extractor, deep-fryer, ice-maker, water-filter.
Renting villa Bahia also means having 2 kayaks to explore the lagoon and especially a fully-trained and dedicated staff at your service as detailed below.
|House Equipment||Outdoor Equipment|
The house staff has been with the family for many years. Their efficiency, discretion and kindness, along with their desire to please will win you over. Rolande, Anastasie and Lucette will be at your service every day.
Rolande is in charge of cleaning all the common areas plus prepares breakfast and lunch (it is however possible to prepare dinners in advance). She makes typical Creole dishes but is happy to adapt to special requests, in particular concerning children. She will be happy to share her Mauritian cooking secrets with you in the kitchen! She will be with you from 8.00am to 1.00pm.
Furthermore meals can be ordered from our caterer. For those who want to avoid the food duties completely we propose a half-board or full-board supplement. Deliveries are made once a day.
Lucette is in charge of the ironing, dishwashing and evening setting. She will be with you from 11.00am to 5.30pm.
Anastasie cleans the bedrooms and bathrooms and is in charge of the washing. She can also baby-sit upon request. Very soft spoken and patient she will entertain the young ones. She will be with you from 8.00m to 1.00pm.
Mahen, the domain’s steward and caretaker, is on site every day. He looks after the garden and the pool, and has a valid driving licence so can potentially help with some errands. Living on site, he will also be on call at night in case of emergency.
|Washing & Ironing|
|Cooking service (2 meals/day)|
After we landed at the airport the driver Darmen (our driver for the rest of the vacation) took care of us and he brought us at Vila Bahia and here it all started... Sophie & Bernard and the crew were all waiting for us to give us an Mauritian welcome, we were and are a bit still shocked over the impression of this house.
There is no word that can describe this house, it has to be seen in real, we have been trawling in around the world and seen a lot, but nothing like this. We have arranged with SB for a chef for the whole week, and we got a real expert in the person of Oliver, he made all our meals, drinks, and bought sun cream etc. Thanks Oliver! The staff of 3 girls made every day like a dream of relaxation, they cleaned, organized, smiled and made fun. The house had a gardener named Mahen, he has worked on this property for more than 15 years, what a nice and respectful Man of honour and strongly attached to his work. He is in charge for the most beautiful garden, best condition on a house, the nicest beach etc.
The Villa counts a garden, beach and small own private creek, all in such an impressive way, design, interior, room structure etc. have nothing lookalike, its simply a class in itself.
SB organised a trip to see and understand the importance of sugar in Mauritius with a factory and museum visit, they also organised for us the best mountain-bike trip ever with visit of an historic and nature centre, biking along old railways (they cut the branches the day before for us…) we were visiting some unspoiled caves, they brought a small lunch and fresh juice, water and coffee for us and even one of the supervisor made his own cake for us. We ended up in a natural fresh water Pool before our return. Some other day we booked through our Chef a speed-boat trip to see a waterfall in the lagoon, monkey watching, fishing and snorkelling on paradise islands and ended up on Mangenie island for a nice private dinner on the beach.
We can’t thanks SB, the staff and the owner of this house enough, all together you made a dream come true!
See you all soon!
Henrik R. - Denmark - 23 February 2019
Peter M. - United Kingdom - 13 January 2019
To sum it up – “The villa and experience surpassed all expectations and cannot be appreciated in photos. There are memories we will cherish forever, and hope to return to make more.”
I also thought I would share some insights and some simple notes for future stays.
- The villa is stunning, location is exotic, warm and welcoming. The layout luxurious, open and fresh. The immediate sense on arrival is one of freedom, escape and rejuvenation. Arriving at night is a treat, as it reserves the majestic ocean and pool view for the morning once you wake fresh from a superb rest.
- The staff are quiet, go about their daily tasks with little to no interruption and preserve the privacy of the guests. This is important for the high end clients you will attract. Once or twice they were cleaning the pool at the wrong times which prevented us from having a 9-12 morning swim. Also we were required to top up toilet paper ourselves. I think whilst it is a small cost, I would stock up on this as the house and just supply the guests as needed once a day as the staff clean.
- Food was great, difficult to get the same experience we have in SA there for the price but Sebastien did fantastically well. We would recommend him again. The food costs work out higher than expected, due to the import of most items.
- The pool is wonderful, warm and inviting, we spent many hours there. The beach access is also great, whilst the note should be made to guests to bring surf booties or coral shoes as you cannot walk barefoot in those waters. Apart from that we spent days on the water in the canoes, they are brilliant and the kids had the best times, even my mom had a go. Snorkeling is a favorite in the waters, but we needed to swim farther out to get good visibility and fish, but it was most enjoyable.
- The cab driver wasn’t the best experience, he charged a decent amount, 7100 Rs in the end for the airport trip and one other 30 min trip, but could only provide 9 seats in the bus and we required 10, which meant someone had to sit on the floor. On the way there he was lost in estate for more than 30min on some terrible roads and my nephew in fact got sick and vomited from car sickness. I would explore a more experienced operator here and someone who knows the route 100% especially after the long journey. Sadly the TV also stopped working which could only be fixed 2 days later, but I suppose no one comes to the island for TV but it can be helpful for the kids at night.
- The boat ride was wonderful, you have an excellent location, close to the island and the waterfall and so should advertise this to the guests.
Everything else was simply wonderful. Thank you again, we hope to return.
All the best!
Mark T. - South Africa - 17 July 2018
- Cancellation received over 31 days prior to arrival: 10 % of total amount,
- Cancellation received between the 30th and the 15th day before date of arrival : 25%,
- Cancellation received within 14 days before date of arrival : 100%