Through the numerous renovations and improvements made in the past, the one done at the end of 2022 has placed La Maison d’Été in the category of luxury lodges, or small luxury hotels, with the feat of having maintained the conviviality of the guest house it originally was.
With only 16 rooms, the various common areas comfortably accommodate all guests and allow for special attention as well as personalised service.
Which of the guest house or the restaurant contributed more to its reputation, the question remains. If the restaurant continues to be a good address for our clientele staying in the surrounding villas, its Bed & Breakfast formula fits the concept of holiday rentals and makes La Maison d’Été the ideal place for those who wish to discover and visit Mauritius at their own pace, while being assured of comfort and rest.
The setting is dreamlike with its strip of beach, the turquoise of the tonic lagoon that the foaming coral reef delineates from the blue of the open sea. The region of Poste Lafayette is peaceful; the silence only gives way to the sound of the waves, of the breeze and the light lapping on the sand.
All rooms are air-conditioned, equipped with a mini-fridge, TV, safe and hairdryer. WiFi is available in all rooms. All double beds are king-size.
16 rooms in total, into 4 categories:
– The only suite on stilts, its 65 m² includes a private terrace overlooking the lagoon; hence its name of “La Vigie“. It can accommodate 2 adults + 2 children in an alcove.
– The 4 Premium rooms are adapted to families, their 46 m² allow for 2 additional beds. They are located on the sea front.
– The 2 Superior rooms of 30 m² with sea view can accommodate 2 people.
– The 9 Deluxe rooms open onto the swimming pool / garden area and have a sea view. With a surface area of 23 m², they comfortably accommodate 2 people. 4 of them are communicating, thus ideal for families looking for extra space.
While the Bed & Breakfast option offers the most flexibility, half-board and full-board options are also available. Renowned for its catering, La Maison d’Été offers the choice between simplicity and culinary experience. While light meals are served on the beach or on the loungers around the pool, there are 2 restaurants:
- The beachside restaurant – For a simplified menu in a relaxed atmosphere.
- The garden restaurant – Under its thatched roof, it proposes local dishes as well as grilled “catch-of-the-day” among other elaborate dishes.
– Breakfast: 7:00am to 10:00am
– Bar: 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
– Lunch: from noon to 3.00pm
– Dinner: 7.00pm to 10.00pm
2 swimming pools,
Rooms on the same level for people with reduced mobility.
Kayaks and Paddles
Dinner under the veranda
For its integration into the region. The hotel is now “endemic” to Poste Lafayette.
For the way it invites nature and authenticity to the heart of its guests.
- Cancellation received over 45 days prior to check-in: 10 % of total amount,
- Cancellation received within 45 days prior to date of check-in: 100%,
- No Show : 100%